Monday, 28 October 2013

Wohoo!! My Wiksten Tank Top!

After the saga of my Darling Ranges dress, I decided that I needed to make something that was morale boosting, which meant putting  my beginners level sewing skills to use and be delighted with the end results.
So, I dug out the Wiksten tank Top pattern from my slowing growing pattern stash. This pattern was an absolute delight to work with. The tank is flattering and although the weather is cooling down , the design enables me to wear it with a cardigan. 
The fabric used was a gorgeous Crepe de Chine , which was free from fraying! Hurrrahhhh!!!!



The cute little pockets is a nice bit of detail that requires very little effort ..




I used size XS and it fits perfectly. I have to be honest and say I didn't make a muslin. But I am also going to make an excuse -- my muslin is still in the post.Once it arrives I will be Muslin making here on... 
I am very excited that my top is perfect, and I cant wait to make some more of these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment