Saturday, 10 August 2013

My Kelly Skirt

There are few patterns around that are a breeze to make, but also look so polished that they might be mistaken to for a high street purchase. The Kelly Skirt from Megan Nielsen patterns is most certainly one of them. I bought my pattern last week and started straight on to making it.
The instructions were a breeze to follow even for a novice like me. I absolutely love this skirt. I have worn it with my White broderie Anglaise Sorbetto, several times already. It makes a classic feminine look and because this is my first ever handmade outfit, I am squealing with excitement. 

My Navy Corduroy Kelly Skirt 



The super cute cat face buttons!!!! 

Polka dotted pockets !!!

Fabric : 100% Navy Corduroy ( From the sewing box, Morpeth), Polyester navy Polka dots for pocket lining (from The Remnant kings) ///Buttons: 5 5/8 wooden buttons  (John Lewis ) , 2 cat face buttons for the pockets (The Little button shop)///Some lightweight fusible interfacing for the front opening

Alterations to original pattern: I used size S, but then next time I make this pattern I will look into making size XS as I have had to take in 2 inches of the waist after I tried on the finished garment. Maybe worth measuring myself properly in the future! I took about 3 inches of the bottom hem, as I like my skirts slightly shorter. I added some cute cat face buttons to the sides of the pockets and used 5 instead of the 7 front opening buttons suggested in the pattern. 

No comments:

Post a Comment