Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Korean Beef Stir Fry

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10216911/?claim=8emgc4qwwrv">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

What you need ( Marinade): 

500gms of beef fillet- sliced into thinish strips
2 -3 garlic cloves crushed
1'' piece of ginger grated or 1 tsp ginger paste
3 medium spring onions ( scallions) finely chopped
80 ml of  Soy Sauce ( I used Amoy dark)
1-tbsp of ground sesame seeds 
Few rounds of freshly crushed black pepper
Salt to taste. 

Season the beef strips with salt and pepper. Mix all of the other ingredients in a non metallic bowl. ( I used a glass pyrex dish). Place beef in the marinate. Cover in clingfilm and leave to marinate  for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight. I made this marinate after dinner one night for next nights dinner. No, I am not organised, but rather was very keen on trying something new. 

What you need ( To cook)

2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp of crushed sesame seeds
Sesame oil to drizzle. 

Heat the vegetable oil in a wok on high heat. Using tongs drop the strips of marinated beef into the wok and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. I did this in batches as my Wok isn't the biggest. 
drizzle some sesame oil and 1 tsp of seeds on the beef once cooked. I served this with some egg fried rice. 
Seriously nommers!


*Recipe taken from a photocopied page of a friend who doesn't remember where she got it from. - if i ever do find the source I will put a link to it here 




No comments:

Post a Comment